The Westridge Neighborhood
Private Gated Community
The Kensington is a gated community of single family detached homes located in the Westridge neighborhood of the city of Aliso Viejo . The secluded Kensington community, includes a total of 154 estate size homes with a single entrance off Oak View drive.
Kensington owners do not have an association pool or spa. The original builder of the tract was Richmond American. Note that Square footage may vary depending on the model and model options selected by the original owner, as well as, additions constructed later.
Access to the 73 freeway is only a short drive away. While located in a rural setting, the Westridge communities are positioned within a short distance of the ocean and its resort towns; freeway arteries leading to major employment areas, and the shops, restaurants and amenities of Mission Viejo, Laguna Beach and Aliso Viejo.
The 73 freeway links up with the 405 freeway corridor and provides quick access to the financial centers of Fashion Island Newport Beach, the John Wayne airport area and South Coast Plaza. The 5 freeway links up with the Tustin employment centers and shopping centers.
Close By Westridge Park
A Place For The Kids To Play
The Kensington has six different models of homes:
The Chesapeake House (model A) is approximately 2,842 square feet and was originally offered without upgrades or options as a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath home with a 3 car garage (one space is tandem). The ground floor included a living room, dining room, library, family room, nook, kitchen and laundry. All bedrooms were on the second floor in the standard construction. In addition to the standard construction, Richmond American offered an optional studio and optional 5th bedroom and bath. On the second floor optional retreats and dens were also offered.
The Chesapeake House (model B) is approximately 3,223 square feet and is a model A alternate with a similar standard floor plan and options. The model B however was originally designed with 2 car garage (the tandem garage was either a 5th bedroom or studio).
The Berkeley House (model C) is approximately 3,072 square feet and was originally offered without upgrades or options as a 3 bedroom, 3 bath home with a 3 car (tandem) garage. Builder options included a second floor loft/bedroom and optional ground floor bedroom and optional writer’s room or bedroom in the tandem space of the garage.
The Berkeley House (model D) is approximately 3,072 square feet and is a model C alternate with a similar standard floor plan and options. The model D (like the model B above) however was originally designed with a 2 car garage (the tandem garage garage was either a bedroom or a writer’s room.
The Carrillo House (model E) is approximately 3,681 square feet and was originally offered without upgrades as a 5 bedroom, 3 bath home with a 3 car (tandem) garage. A first floor game room option and a second floor bedroom option were offered by the builder.
The Carrillo House (model F) is approximately 3,887 square feet and was originally offered without upgrades as a 6 bedroom, 3 bath home with a 2 car garage. Like models B and D above, the model F is a model E alternate plan offering a different combination of options by using the tandem garage space.
The information contained herein is deemed reliable, but must be independently verified.
Other Interesting and Informative Websites
- CALIFORNIA REAL ESTATE PRIMER – Table of Contents This is a hyperlinked Table of Contents connecting you to posts covering subjects such as short sales, REO properties, Community Associations, Aliso Viejo and other southern Orange County cities.
- CALIFORNIA REAL ESTATE PRIMER – Residential Communities of Aliso Viejo The city of Aliso Viejo contains approximately 100 separate neighborhood community associations or Homeowner Associations (HOAs). This post will give you access to a basic description of these associations.
- The Audubon Community Community Associations Return to the listings of Audubon associations.
- RISMedia Media Center Access RISMedia’s collection of interesting and informative real estate videos.
- Real Estate Today Radio Listen to the leading real estate radio broadcas
- Orange County Real Estate A website where you can see all of the homes listed for sale in Orange County, California
- Full Service Property Management In Orange County California This website has a search facility which will allow you to look at any property listed for sale or lease in Orange County, California